Axios International Inc., a U.S. small business within the Axios group of companies, along with a consortium of organizations, is responsible for two IDIQ (Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity) contracts: USAID Global Health Supply Chain Technical Assistance (GHSC-TA) and the Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management Project (GHSC-PSM), which aim to improve the availability of health commodities worldwide.
About the Projects
GHSC-TA and GHSC-PSM aim to strengthen supply systems and strategic collaboration to improve the long-term availability of health commodities.
GHSC-TA will serve the health commodity technical assistance needs of USAID, other USG agencies, partner country governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other entities to meet the evolving challenges in ensuring long-term availability of health commodities in public and private services worldwide. As part of this multi award IDIQ, Axios will lead a consortium of organizations, which includes Chemonics International, Inc., Abt Associates, Dimagi, Inc., Expertise France, Foundation for Professional Development, IMA World Health, Medical Access Uganda Limited and Panagora Group. Axios is the only small business contract holder in the consortium.
CLICK HERE for additional information on GHSC-TA.
GHSC-PSM fosters collaboration among supply chain stakeholders worldwide by reducing costs and streamlining and strengthening global and national supply chains. Key areas of emphasis include data visibility (integrated information management), robust global engagement (tracking, analyzing and sharing information on market dynamics) and commercial best practices (strengthening local systems and building capacity in supply chain management). GHSC-PSM utilizes the Supply Chain Operations Reference model (SCOR), which links business processes, performance metrics, practices and people into a unified structure. Under GHSC-PSM, Axios is part of a consortium of organizations, which includes Chemonics International, Inc., IBM, Kuehne+Nagel, McKinsey & Company, ARBOLA, INC., IDA Foundation, IntraHealth International, Panagora Group, Population Services International, SGS Nederland B.V. and University Research Co.
Both projects are managed through the AI Inc. Washington D.C. office.
Under these IDIQs, the Axios team is positioned to offer a wide range of services including the following:
- Strategic planning and design
- Improving delivery of health commodities to service sites
- Transfer of skills, knowledge, and technology for improved and sustained performance
- Strengthening local systems and enabling environments to improve supply chain performance
- Global Strategic Engagement for planning and implementation
- Awareness raising and advocacy to improve availability of health commodities
- Data visibility and integrated information management
To learn more about our services, visit our Health System Strengthening page.
CLICK HERE to view the Axios Capabilities & Experience Brochure.
Axios currently works in more than 100 countries in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Europe, and in combination with our team, maintain a strong global presence. This will allow the Axios team to rapidly mobilize and deploy resources to respond to GHSC TA requests.
With a demonstrated record of accomplishment as a leading global health organization and a history of providing outstanding supply chain services, Axios presents itself as a leader in supply chain, bringing with it a team that provides a fresh and innovative approach to ensure commodity security in PEPFAR countries.
We offer the strengths of a small business with proven and vast technical experience and capability in supply chain systems, coupled with the depth, breadth and diversity of specialized supply chain capabilities and state-of-the-art supply chain tools and techniques.
Collectively, we offer decades of experience implementing supply chain programs worldwide and are particularly adept at rapid start up, including in conflict environments.
Our Leadership Team
- Furhana Wehelie is GHSC-TA IDIQ Project Director at Axios International in Washington, DC. Furhana brings over 25 years of experience in the subSaharan African region in the development and execution of relationship management strategies in private, non-profit, and inter-governmental spheres – including the UNDP, UNOPS, and GRM International. (E-mail) (Bio)
- Peter Ahern has been President of the Axios Foundation since its formation in 2000 and is responsible for strategy, organizational development and overall management of the organization. He is also a co-founder of Axios International. (E-mail) (Bio)